Main class ~
- Odd and Even numbers ~ if a number can be split into two equal parts then it is even, if not then it is odd. Spin your spinner, set out that number of counters out in twos. If each counter has a partner then it is even, if there is an odd one left over then it is odd.
- Learn rhyme ~ 0,2,4,6,8 Even numbers they are great! 1,3,5,7,9 They are odd all the time!
- Subtraction Facts for 8 e.g. 8-0=8, 8-1=7, 8-2=6 etc
- Addition patterns to 20 e.g. 2+2=4 12+2=14
Easier version ~
- Estimation ~ grab a handful of buttons/counters all the same size and guess how many you have before counting
- Practise adding and subtracting within 5 using pictures or household objects as a visual aid
- Partition a set of 5 in six different ways e.g. 0+5=5, 1+4=5, 2+3=5, 3+2=5, 4+1=5, 5+0=5
Please see Homework note for Mental Maths activities and Tables.