We meet once a month to plan events and brainstorm new fundraising ideas. We are also supported by a group of willing parent helpers who come along and lend their support at the various events throughout the year.
Below is a list of some of the activities we have been involved in over the past couple of years -
- Visit from Santa - we arrange for our special visitor to meet with all the classes and give the children a Christmas gift
- Mother's Day & Father's Day shops - we source all the gifts and give the children the opportunity to purchase their chosen gift for these special days. The shop is run within school hours and the children are delighted to be able to choose their own gift!
- Cash for Clobber - a great way to de-clutter your wardrobes and help the school raise some funds at the same time!
- P7 Leaving Gift - we provide the P7 pupils with leaving gifts. Last year the gift was a USB stick printed with the school logo.
- Treasure Hunt - a walking treasure hunt around Donaghadee followed by burger and a chance to chat
- Beetle Drive - a fun evening and the chance for a bit of healthy competition for children (and parents!) and to meet other families within the school
- Painting the interior of one the school portacabins - providing a friendly and inviting space for meetings and workshops for parents, children and staff
- Christmas Fun Evening - giving parents the chance to finish their Christmas shopping while their children are enjoying a disco, crafts and a DVD
- Summer Fun Afternoon - games, BBQ and disco for the children near the end of the summer term
- We also provide refreshments for various events throughout the school year. These range from the School Sports Day to the Nursery/P1 Open Night to School Concerts and Internet Safety Talks for parents.